About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Sadness of Chocolate

Yes, I know: Chocolate rules. Chocolate rocks. Chocolate is the answer to the world's problems. Unfortunately, it's not an answer for me. I'm allergic, and I'm not happy about it.

True, my chocolate reaction is not strictly speaking an allergy. I don't get wheezy and stop breathing. I don't suffer anaphylatic shock. I DO get a migraine that will knock me out of focus -- and out of function -- for up to three days at a time. As much as I LOVE chocolate, it just isn't worth the cost.

Given that I've made that choice, you'd think I could come to peace with it. Not so. I still feel sorry for myself every time I smell chocolate. I still sulk when faced with fudge.

Worst, I mourn when I see a splendid chocolate dessert that I dare not touch -- especially when it's made with dairy products, since I am also (recently) completely lactose intolerant. But that's a sad story for another day.

Enough whining! I still have oatmeal cookies and that's worth alot. :-D


Do you have foods you crave and dare not eat? Write and whine with me.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. I can not eat mushrooms. I love them to pieces, but they do not love me. sigh..

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.